Monday, August 24, 2009

THE ASPEN GROVE


The Aspen Grove

I challenged myself today
Pushed through the weight
Against my body's will
Led by a fresh mountain scent
Reminding me of early years

Pushing along the trail
Pushing through loneliness
My body reminds me of bad habits past
Wanting to turn back
Wanting to continue
Passing through pine
Low lying shrub
My senses relax
Absorbing the beauty

Bees
Birds
Flowers
Spiders
Going about
Time alone
Time to think
So happy I'm out

Over the hump
Round the bend
Beads of sweat
Cooled by traveling wind

Sun peeks
Looking up
I think of you
Realizing
I'm not alone
You are always with me
Touching my heart
Supporting
Encouraging
Loving 
Caring
Giving me medicine

Ascending the path
My path
I find the historical sanctuary
A lustful love story 
From times past
Crude
But romantic
Reminding me of myself in a way
A lonely sheep herder
Roaming the land
Missing his love
His lover

After pushing and pushing
Keys and water bottles shifting
Interrupting 
Natures
Nature
I decide to sit
To stop
To listen

Overwhelming silence
I close my eyes
Take a breath
Take a break
Everything is ok
Gonna be ok

I make our mark
Making history
Dreaming
The future
The meaning
Proud

I hear sounds
Like a far off waterfall
The wind
Flying through tree tops
It grabs my body
Wanting it to carry me away
To you
I'm consumed
Thoughts of a perfect kiss
A perfect life
Like a fresh breeze
You and me
Our love
Blowing through my mind
Dance for me
Forever in

The Aspen Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment